Maguire Gravimetric Blenders are a key component to the range of products from PolyMation.
Maguire are the worldwide leaders in Gravimetric Blenders for all types of plastics processors.
The range of blenders offers plastics processors control to blend from 2 to 12 materials, from as little as 10 kg/h through to 6,000kg/h. The range offers over 120 standard model configurations providing a standard solution whatever the application.
The benefits of Gravimetric blending to any plastics processing business are significant cost savings.
Raw materials are the largest cost of any size plastics business in any location, and installing gravimetric blenders to automatically control the dosing and mixing of materials ensures complete control of all raw materials.
The operator simply enters the settings for each material and then starts the blender. The system automatically doses each material in sequence, measuring and confirming correct dosing by weight, building a complete batch.
If any material has run out the system will stop an alarm until the hopper is refilled.
Once the materials batch is completed it is dropped into a mix chamber below where it is mixed with the batch before – this ensures a homogenous blend ensuring consistent average bulk density plus consistent blend features re colour and additives.
- REGRIND CONTROL – Maguire Blenders actively control and use regrind in the process to maximize usage plus reduce Masterbatch and additive usage – only dosing expensive Masterbatch and additives to the natural part of any blend.
- AUTOMATIC CALIBRATION ALL MATERIALS – every gram of every material is automatically calibrated every dispense to ensure dosing is always are on target to +/- 0.1% on a 1% setting.
- EVERY MATERIAL IS WEIGHED – Advanced error correction routines in the software of the control always keep each material dispense on target.
- CHOICE OF DISPENSE OPTIONS – large choice of dispense systems from slide gates, removable easy access hoppers and valves, auger feeders, powder feeders and liquid colour pumps – standard for all processes and all types of materials.
- VIBRATION MANAGEMENT – the blender controller efficiently manages vibration when mounted directly on the process machine ensuring accuracy is not compromised. Maguire controls lead the market in this feature ensuring optimum mix of material to the process machine with no separation, and valuable floor space around the process machine can be kept clear.
- MATERIALS USAGE DATA – the blender provides data on exact materials consumption. Data is an invaluable tool to the modern processor – to cost jobs more efficiently, to plan materials purchasing better, to control costs and for quality programs such as ISO or TUV.
Please see the “Maguire g2 Software” to see examples of how to send and receive settings plus have full reporting on materials usage for production.